People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Complete TT Motor Part-out + Turbos

Posted by Z girl X on March 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 331 times.

Screen Name:Z girl X
Phone:(812)325-4448
E-mail:adriadanyelle7@gmail.com
Research Z girl X's post history

Message Hey guys, I'm parting out the motor we just pulled from my 1991 TT. I bought it and on the way home the head gasket blew and it overheated. As soon as it got hot it was turned off, it wasn't run hot for more than 10 seconds. The only thing I don't have are injectors, as most of them were apparently bad when I bought the car. Everything else is in good condition, unless otherwise noted. All prices do not include shipping or a paypal fee. The email supplied is NOT my paypal address, so don't just send money there. I also can't figure out how to get pictures on here quite yet... I'm new to this forum haha, but I'll work on it.

OEM TT Coil Packs. These are off the JDM motor I just got, and all ohm to spec. There is one that came off of my motor that is in lesser condition than the rest, but it worked when pulled and ohms well in spec. The picture of that one is below. $30 each for the 5 perfect ones, $15 for the broken-ish one, or $140 for all of them.

Stock Intake Plenum with good TB's and linkage. Normal carbon build up on the inside, but in good condition. Pictured with IAT and Air Regulator, but those don't come with it. Also pictured with chains used to pull the motor, but those will obviously be removed before shipping. $65

Spark plug/Coil pack tubes. Perfect condition. $15 each, or $25 for both.

Lower Intake Manifold. Carbon build up, can be cleaned. Does not include timing idler pulley stud. Also doesn't include knock sensor, since you wouldn't want it anyways. $40

40P TT heads. These include cams, valves, lifters, etc. They do not include the CAS. The VTC solenoid and everything is still on the heads, but can be removed if you want. As I mentioned, the motor did overheat for a short time. These heads have not been checked. They look good, but the surface should probably be checked before you just throw them on. I would prefer not to ship these, but will if you really really need them. $75 each, or both for $130

Stock 5-speed turbos with no shaft play at all, and freely spinning blades, but they do leak oil. They spooled up perfectly fine before the pull, but could use a rebuild to fix the oil leak. As stated, no shaft play, good-working turbos, but they just leak oil. Pictured with wastegate actuator, exhaust mani's, etc. Would prefer not to separate, so price is for all of that as well. $130 each or $250 for both.

I also have a rebuildable short block (with pistons, rods, crank, girdle, water pump, etc.). 4 sets of piston rings are bad. As far as I can tell the pistons/rods/crank are all in good condition still. The walls of the block are still great, will only need a hone and rings, and a quick check to make sure the surface is still flat. Compression was bad on all cylinders, but when I did the wet test all numbers went up to 165 except for 4 and 6, which is where the head gasket leak was. $200 pickup only.

As mentioned I have pretty much a complete motor torn apart. The following are also for sale:
Valve covers: $40 for all
Front water pipes: $35 for both
IAC (off of plenum): $70
Air regulator (off of plenum): $40
Downpipes (2 sets): $120 for a set of 2, or $70 each
Old style PTU: $20
Alternator (off of JDM motor, can get it tested before shipping): $50
PS Pump: $50
Balance tube: $35
Timing belt covers: make offer
VTC Solenoids if removed from heads: $20 each
Fan (just the white part): $20
Exhaust manifold's if not sold with turbos: $30 each or $50 for both
CAS: $50

I probably forgot a lot, so anything else you can think of that you need, let me know. If it doesn't involve injectors I probably have it. I can take pictures of anything you need, it's all out in my garage just let me know! Some of this stuff I had no idea what to price it, so if something is insanely high just let me know. I will look it up though and edit accordingly, so don't low ball :). Thanks for looking!

Follow Ups